Feeling Like You Are Beginning to Sink?
Was the last test grade lower than what you wanted?
Did you look at your average in your class and then wish you hadn't seen it?
You're not alone!
What you're feeling is felt by many students across our campus every semester and for some, it occurs multiple times in a semester!
It doesn't mean that you aren't college material!
People don't wind up in the middle of a lake or ocean in trouble without knowing how to swim! They swam out to that point and encountered a situation they weren't expecting. Does this sound familiar to you?
What are you experiencing that you didn't expect?
- The amount of time needed to study?
- The difficulty of reading a college textbook?
- The amount of reading?
- The difficulty of the tests?
- The struggle of remembering it all?
- The struggle of organizing it all to let you be successful?
This is a common experience!
You have the skills to be in college! Those skills may need some refining.
We're here to help you!
The Virtual Learning Center (VLC) has multiple resources and opportunities available to provide assistance to you.
- Study Hacks - Do you wish that someone could help you look at things and see how you could spend your time more efficiently and get better results? Contact the VLC to schedule a time that works best with you! During that time you'll visit with a team member who can help you see if you might be able to spend less time and still improve your grade!
- Tech Support -Do you have the tech blues? Contact the VLC for some help.
- Note Taking - Is taking notes in class hard for you? Do you wish you could capture all that is being said in class in a way that makes sense when you get home to study? Check out Cornell notes! Come to a session or come in and visit with a team member to get started.
- Test Anxiety - Do taking tests stress you out? Do the questions seem tricky and hard to understand? We have some resources available to help you!
- Reading a College Textbook - How to plow through the material and make sense of it all.
- Organizing Strategies to De-Stress Your Days
Schedule a time today! Your personal session can be completed via phone, email, or in-person.
Want Additional Information?
Schedule a time today for your personal session.
In person: The VLC is located inside the Center for Learning & Teaching
SEM 2G3 (Across from the Math Lab)
Phone: (405) 682-7838