The Virtual Learning Center (VLC) is an OCCC resource that provides support to students as they learn. This resource has many online components but we also have some on-campus resources as well.
Why do I need the Virtual Learning Center?
The VLC has a variety of tips and study hacks to help you as you work to learn in your college courses.
The topics include:
- Saving My Semester
- Upgrading my GPA
- Making Your Time Count (In Class and Doing Homework)
- Organize 911
- Learning How You Learn Best
- Reading a College Textbook
- Note-Taking Tips & Strategies
- You Missed a Class - Now What?
- Communicating Effectively with Your Instructor
- Tackling the Technology
What is a Personal Strategy Session?
This is a meeting with a member of the Virtual Learning Center team that focuses on the areas on which you would like to focus. You guide the conversation and the VLC staff will work to find the resources you need to allow you to be successful.
How Can I Access the VLC Resources?
- Online: www.occc.edu/vlc
- On-Campus: SEM 2G3
- Schedule a Personal Strategy Session
- Attend a Workshop (Schedule found here)
- Phone: 682-7838
- Email: email@example.com