Degree Completion Tuition Waiver
Did you transfer to a university or find a job before you earned your associate’s degree at OCCC? Are you within 9 credit hours of earning that degree? If so, you may be eligible for this wonderful tuition waiver opportunity!
Move the mouse over the button to open the dropdown text.
The Degree Completion Tuition Waiver Program is designed to encourage students who are within 9 credit hours of degree completion to return to OCCC to finish their degree. The award will waive tuition for one course (up to five credit hours). Students are responsible for fees and books. Please visit the GET Office to discuss whether you are eligible for this program.
- Must submit the waiver application
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Must be within 9 credit hours of completing currently declared major at OCCC.
- Must not have previously graduated with an OCCC degree.
- Must be within 9 credit hours of meeting OCCC’s 15 hour degree residency requirement.
- Must not currently be in attendance at OCCC at the time application is submitted OR must not have attended OCCC for at least traditional 16 week one semester at the time of submitting the application.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (no exceptions).
This waiver is for one semester only. There are no continued eligibility requirements. Students must use the waiver in the term specified by GET. The waiver cannot be transferred to another semester.
If personal extenuating circumstances prevent a student from enrolling in the course for the semester in which the waiver was offered, the student may apply for the waiver again in a subsequent semester. Documentation will be required to illustrate the reason for which the student was unable to enroll in the original course and term.
If an attempt was made that resulted in a “W” or failing grade, the student will be ineligible to reapply for the program. Only one tuition waiver may be applied to a student’s coursework in their academic career.