Bobby G. Gaines High School Equivalency Waiver Program
Did you recently receive your State of Oklahoma Recognized High School Equivalency Diploma (GED, HiSET, or TASC)? Did you complete OCCC’s High School Equivalency (HSE) classes? If so, you may be eligible for this wonderful tuition waiver opportunity!
Move the mouse over the button to open the dropdown text.
The Bobby G. Gaines High School Equivalency Waiver Program is available to students who have earned their State of Oklahoma recognized High School equivalency Diploma (GED, HiSet, or TASC) and who completed Oklahoma City Community College’s Preparation Program. Awardees are eligible to receive up to 63 college credit hours of tuition assistance over a period of no more than three years as part of a financial aid package. Students are responsible for fees and books.
Students must submit the application and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the award deadline of July 15th fall entry, and November 15th for spring entry; as well as July 15th for each following year of enrollment. Students must enter OCCC the semester immediately after receiving the GED.
- Must be admitted to OCCC
- Must submit the waiver application and upload the Completion Certification signed by an OCCC official from the OCCC Preparation Program
- Must have earned their State of Oklahoma Recognized High School Equivalency Diploma by fully participating in the OCCC Preparation Program
- Must enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours by the first day of classes (16 week semester) during the fall or spring semester immediately after receiving the GED
- OCCC must be the first, and only institution of attendance (excluding concurrent)
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by designated deadline of July 15th for fall entry, and November 15th for spring entry
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (no exceptions)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by Federal Title IV regulations. SAP is currently defined as 1.5 CGPA for 1 – 15 earned hours, 1.7 CGPA for 15 – 30 earned hours, and 2.0 CGPA for 31 or more earned hours.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year by July 15th
- Maintain continuous enrollment of at least nine (9) credit hours per semester (excluding summer)